“You have one—Use It”
1 Corinthians 12:8-10
(This message is online at: northwestchurch.church) - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
A spiritual gift is a _______________________________ which enables a __________________ to effectively ______________ the body of Christ.
FIRST – God given: You _________________ your spiritual gift
SECOND – It’s an ability: It __________________to do something you wouldn’t otherwise be able to do
THIRD – for ___________________ only: this differentiates them from natural talents all people possess.
A spiritual gift is not a ___________________________ role..
Spiritual gifts are ___________ at the moment of our ________________
The basic purpose of spiritual gifts is to _________________ us to _______________________________ the body of Christ.
The _______________ of God are dispensed through the _____________ of God so that the__________________ of God can minister like the ____________ of God
1. God ____________________ which gift(s) we do and do not receive.
2. Different people are given __________________ opportunities for their spiritual gifts.
3. Ability and ____________________are two different things
4. We are to _____________ our gifts so that the entire church benefits.
5. God also gives us ______________ to help motivate us toward service.
6. Every gift has to be ______________________ if it is to be effective.
7. We must be willing to ___________________________ our area of gifting if there is a pressing need.
8. God has arranged the body in a way where _______________________ is important to another.
ICEBREAKER—•“What do you see in your life that seems to come easy for you?”
APPLY THE BIBLE -Read 1 Timothy 4:14. —What does Paul tell Timothy to do regarding his spiritual gift?
Q1— What gifts do others see operating in me? What specific things have you heard people say about your service in the church?
Q2— Can spiritual gifts be misused? Do you know an example in Scripture where that happened?
Q3—If a person doesn’t have the gift of evangelism, is he/she excused from trying to win people to Christ?
Q4—Pastor Paul made the statement: Every gift has to be cultivated if it is to be effective. What does that mean to you?
Q5— What is the difference between spiritual gifts and natural talents?
A LITTLE LOVE HOMEWORK:· Take time this week to reflect on your Spiritual gift/s. 1. Spend time praying to the One who gave you the gift. . 2. Study the Bible.. 3. Ask those who know you well.. 4. Serve!
TALK ABOUT the series Nail It Down and how we can commit to settle the important teachings of God’s Word