He Gives—We Manage
(This message is online at: nwbcspringfield.com) - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
It’s not really ________________ you earn – that speaks to who you are ---- But – it’s really ___________________ with what you have that speaks volumes about your character
_________________________----- a “steward” – is a manager ---
IT’S ________TO GIVE—AND IT’S _________ TO MANAGE………
VS. 4 --- 4 I know what I’ll do _________so that, __________ I lose my job ________, people ________ welcome me into their houses.’
1. God see’s your money & possessions as a ________________.
2. God see’s your money & possessions as a ________________.
How we _____________________ what we assume is ours reflects our _____________________to the One to whom it actually belongs.
3. We use money & possessions as a _____________________.
What you do with what you have signifies _________________ you are
Generosity is about your __________________……..
ICEBREAKER—•What are a couple of reasons your employer would fire you?
APPLY THE BIBLE -Read Matthew 6:21 —What does the Bible mean about your treasure? Do you have an example?
Q1— What does it mean that: “money reveals your idols”? Is it hard to think about idols in our own lives?
Q2— How does knowing “It’s God’s to give and ours to manage” take pressure off how you view money & possessions?
Q3— Share some ways that money & possessions become tools that God uses to advance His Kingdom?
Q4—Pastor Paul made the statement: How we manage what we assume is ours reflects our devotion to the One to whom it actually belongs. What does that mean to you?
Q5—Have you ever thought or said: “If I had more I would give more”? Do you agree that generosity has nothing to do with your finances?
A LITTLE LOVE HOMEWORK:
· Take time this week to reflect on your Stewardship. Make a list with 3 columns: Time, Talent, and Treasure. Write down what your doing with your time. How much are you spending on the things of God. Write down what your doing with the spiritual gifts He’s given you. Write down how generous you are with the money and possessions He’s given to you to manage.
· TALK ABOUT the series Nail It Down and how we can commit to settle the important teachings of God’s Word