The Bible is God’s Word
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Inspired = theopneustos = having been ___________________ _______ from God’s innermost being
1. The Bible was __________________ formed and not the work of man.
2. The Bible is ___________________.
- 40% of professing Christian American adults agree that “the only truth one can know is _______________________________ for one’s own life.”
3. The Bible has been ______________ and will remain ______________.
4. The Bible is _______________ and it impacts the world.
- “so my word that comes from my mouth will not return to me _________________, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do.” – Isaiah 55:11
5. The Bible is only understood only through the ____________________.
“Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this age, let him become a fool so that he can become wise. For the wisdom of this world is ____________________ with God…” – 1 Corinthians 3:18-19
6. The Bible is ________________, __________________, and the final ________________________ for all things.
“Be diligent to present yourself to God as one __________________, a worker who doesn’t need to be _____________________, correctly teaching the word of truth.” – 2 Timothy 2:15
(This message is online at: nwbcspringfield.com) - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
ICEBREAKER—• Share with your group the name of a favorite book other than the Bible and what you like about it.
APPLY THE BIBLE -Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17—What does the Bible say about where Scripture comes from? How should this knowledge affect how we think about the Bible?
Q1— When comparing 2 Timothy 3:16-17; John 1:1,14; and Genesis 2:7, what conclusions can we draw between God, His word, and His creation? How does this change how you have viewed the Bible in the past?
Q2— What are some “external evidences” that show the Bible to be true?
Q3— How can we rely more on Scripture to direct our lives?
Q4— What things need to change in your life so you can present yourself to God as a worker that doesn’t need to be ashamed (2 Timothy 2:15)?
Q5—If you were unable to speak, would anyone around you assume that you believe the Bible is God’s word just by watching how you live your life?
Q6—Have you ever read the entire Bible? Why or why not?
A LITTLE HOMEWORK:
· Take time this week to reflect on your Christian life. Write down times you can identify that God reminded you that His word is true when you didn’t expect it.
· TALK ABOUT the series Nail It Down and how we can commit to settle the important teachings of God’s Word