Built Right - "He Builds - We Work"
(This message is online at: northwestchurch.church - Use this listening guide as you watch the video worship services online. This will also have questions you can use with your connect group.
“God is either building __________ you—or He’s building ________ you.” -– “God is building ___________ you.”
Solomon was uniquely qualified to write this – let me give you a couple of reasons :
FIRST – he was __________________ -
SECOND – he _______________________the wisdom that God gave him
One of the reasons – we’re not built right – is because we identify ourselves with either _______________ OR _________________
there was ___________________ in His truth – and there was ____________________ in His grace….
“Unless the Lord builds the house” – ___________________
“they labor in vain who build it” – _____________________
1. God ______________ – and We ________________
1. How has God most __________me to meet the needs of others?
2. How am I _________________ and honing that gift according to God’s plan?
3. Am I trying to __________ something God doesn’t want me to have?
2. God _________________– and We _______________
Psalms 127:1 - Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain.
ICEBREAKER— If you had to choose a brand new education/career path and start all over, what job could you see yourself doing and enjoying for the rest of your life?
APPLY THE Scripture : Read John 15:5. How does this scripture connect with Psalm 127? What does it mean to abide in Christ?
Q1— Discuss how you have been imbalanced in life at various times when it comes to God’s work and yours, God’s power and your effort? How are you seeking to allow him to do everything while you do something? What would that look like in real life – give an example
Q2—. If someone said to you, “What does it mean to depend on God?” how would you answer them? What scripture might you use in your response?
Q3— Read Psalm 127. What three things does it say are “in vain” and why? What do you think that means?
Q4— What does it mean “unless the LORD”?
A LITTLE Building HOMEWORK:
· On both a long-term and short-term scale in your life, what difference would it make in your plans if you saw them as opportunities to participate in what the Lord is already doing in you and already planning for you? With this in mind, take some time over the next 24 hours to talk with God about your plans.